Friday, June 4, 2010

Bottle Cap Laptop Table

I have this set of 4 TV Tray tables, we use them a lot and it got me thinking.. what can I do to jazz these up? Mainly we were using the tables for the laptop, problem being the laptop would over heat. So I get this great idea to use all the bottle caps that I have been saving to create a table top that would let air flow under the laptop and allow it to stay cool.


I started off by putting down a layer of duct tape (one of my favorite things in the world!):


Then I got the hot glue gun out and started gluing all of the bottle caps down, it totally killed my fingers because you have to fill the entire bottom of the cap up so it will stick to the table! I also added little bits and bobs to make it interesting, you can't really see it in the picture, but there is a skull and a NIN button included in the design. Also there were some beer caps that have a "rock, paper or scissors" printed on the inside, so I turned those upside down so the graphics would show. All in all I think it turned out pretty well. Gary and Travis both like to use this table. Mainly just Travis these days since our laptop died!


The Finished Product:

2 comments:

  1. Laptop tables are the means of modern comfort to comfortably work on your laptop which has become an important medium in all the sectors of life.
    Laptop Table

    ReplyDelete